This recipe takes those slightly bitter radishes on a hot sear through some butter and oil. We then finish them with soy sauce and honey, for a salty-sweet finish. The radishes go from spicy to crispy and salty on the outside, but soft and sweet on the outside.
These are melt-in-your-mouth good. Yes, we are still talking about radishes!
This is one of our FIRST recipes we made during our outdoor cooking classes on Candelaria Organics. It was pretty fun to watch people go from radish-averse to radish-lovers. We challenge you with the same test!
- 1 bunch radishes thinly sliced or grated
- 1 jalapeño (use more or less depending on spice preference), diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix. Taste for seasonings and add more as needed.
- Serve with tacos, chips, nachos, or beans!