Spring Lemony Pasta
This pasta dish has simple lemony sauce that highlights the flavor of radishes, turnips, and asparagus. It is bright and perfect for spring! We top it all off with salty and marinated creamy feta cheese.
Spring Lemony Pasta
- About 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon regular or smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- 8-10 ounces pasta Whatever shape you prefer!
- 3 medium shallots or 1 small red onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1.5 tsp dried thyme
- 2 lemons sliced to 1/4 inch rounds with seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of radishes slices in half, leave about 1/2 inch of the stem for a more rustic look
- 1 bunch of asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces of a bias
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup pine nuts toasted
- 1 cup mint finely chopped
- Marinated feta: In a small bowl, crumble the feta cheese. Drizzle about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the paprika, bay leaf, and cayenne pepper. Gently mix to incorporate the oil and spices into the feta.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Save 1 cup of pasta water before draining!
- Warm 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large saute pan on medium heat. Add the shallots and cook a few minutes, until slightly softened. Add 1 tbsp of butter, thyme, garlic, lemon slices, and radishes, cut side down. Sprinkle salt on the lemon slices, and turn the heat to medium and cook until the radishes and lemon slices get slightly browned. If the pan gets dry add a splash of water or broth.
- Add the asparagus in, toss everything and cook another 3 minutes, or until the asparagus if soft but still had a crunchy bite.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the pasta water and mix in the pan. The pasta water should emulsify with the sauce in the pan and create a nice silky texture. Then add the pasta in, and gently fold.
- Serve the pasta in bowls with the marinated feta on top, fresh black pepper, pine nuts and mint.
OR send us an email with your recipe photo and feedback!