Savory Blue Corn Pancakes, Live Music & Yoga at Cornelio Candelaria Organics Farm
May 21 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am MDT$60.00 – $75.00
What the experience includes:
Our cooking classes are a one-of-a-kind experience. You’ll be cooking a meal all focused on the farm’s produce we are visiting. We bring all the equipment to have a fully functioning kitchen on a farm!
What we’ll be cookin:
- Blue corn pancakes or waffles – packed with a unique flavor that is savory and nutty. We’ll also add some cheddar cheese and scallions in to the batter. Farmer Lorenzo’s blue corn flour is grown from blue corn seeds that he has collected from various Pueblos around New Mexico. Pancakes can be made vegan and/or gluten free!
- Spring greens chimichurri – a mix of tender spring greens, herbs, garlic, lemon, and olive oil.
- Fried local eggs – is any brunch complete with out em?
- Local coffee & tea will be available when you arrive at the farm
More about Cornelio Candelaria Organics:
This historic farm is led by Lorenzo Candelaria, a 7th generation, Hispanic, Native American, farmer. Lorenzo is local-farm icon, as he loves to impart his teachings of sustainability and mindfulness to everyone who visits his farm. His words of wisdom include “they grow many crops on the farm, but harvest only one thing: consciousness”. An experience on Lorenzo’s farm is always special and unique.
The farm is located in the South Valley of Albuquerque (see below for address).
More about Bhava Yoga:
Bhava Yoga Studio provides a mindful daily retreat where our community learns and explores the body-mind connection, aligning us for a balanced life in the modern world. Bhava’s studio is beautiful, giving students of all ages and levels of experience a space to practice and learn the discipline of yoga. They are located in downtown ABQ, but are lucky enough to have them join us on the farm to teach a class!
Who is this class for?
This class is for someone who wants a unique cooking experience. You’ll learn about local farms, sustainability, nutrition, and cooking techniques. Our recipes focus on teaching you how to utilize and cook with seasonal produce, but it doesn’t matter if you are a vegetarian, vegan, or carnivore – we all need to eat more plants!
Whether you’re a beginner or more seasoned cook, everyone can learn from our classes. We always have extra staff who can help with additional instruction if needed.
Our cancellation policy:
Cancellation: Should you need to cancel a reservation for this class, you will receive credit towards another class for any cancellation made four (4) days or more before the class date. Due to class prep-time and food purchases, cancellations made within three (3) business days of your class will not qualify for a refund or credit. The only exception is if you are sick (please stay home!), we can use our discretion. You must email us if you’d like to cancel and receive credit. Tickets are transferable, you can have someone come in your place, just please let us know.
Inclement weather: The Sprouting Kitchen reserves the right to cancel a class due to inclement weather or emergencies. If we need to cancel, we will notify you by email (and phone if possible) to offer you a credit towards another class or a full refund.
A note on our costs:
Kids (under 12) are FREE (up to 2 kids) – let us know when checking out how many kids (and ages) you are bringing.
The price of your ticket includes:
- We pay our farm partners for their time, knowledge, and land stewardship.
- The equipment and time associated with setting up a pop-up kitchen on a farm
- The cost of purchasing the freshest, regeneratively grown ingredients from local farmers
- Recipe development to make sure our recipes highlight local ingredients AND taste incredible
**We offer FREE cooking classes and discounted tickets for lower-income folks, email us to find out more.