Umami-Packed Noodle Bowls with Polk’s Folly Farm Butcher Shop & Farm Stand
May 16 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm MDT$27
In Collaboration with Polk’s Folly Farm Butcher Shop & Farm Stand!
Polk’s Folly Farmstand is small, family run local food shop offering humanely raised meats, fresh eggs, pesticide-free vegetables, and a variety of other goods made with love and locally sourced ingredients in Cedar Crest, NM.
What will we be cooking?
- Fallon will show us, using Polk’s Folly ground pork, how to crisp it up with lots of ginger, garlic, soy & fish sauce. This creates quick, yet deeply flavorful crispy pork!
- We’ll then quick pickle some onions & radishes to give it some acidic tang.
- We’ll serve the pork & pickles veggies over rice noodles and then top it all off with lots of herbs and fresh greens. This way of eating is inspired by Vietnamese dishes – where there is very flavorful meat served with rice noodles, herbs, and & fresh greens. It is SO tasty and refreshing – and fun to eat!
Purchase your meat + veggies from Polk’s Folly!
Their farm stand in Cedar Crest is open Thursday – Sunday from 10-6. If you haven’t been yet, it is worth the trip to east mountains! Their shop carries other cuts of local meat, veggies, baked good, flours, honeys & so much more. So you can stock up on lots of local goods!
How does the VIRTUAL class work?
Once you sign up for a class, you will get the recipe emailed you (please email if you need help with ingredient substitutions or do not receive the email). Then gather your ingredients, meet us on zoom, and we’ll cook the recipe together (like a cook-along)!
- Classes will be recorded, if you cannot make the time or want the video for reference.
- You only need to purchase one class per household.
- If you cancel before 24 hours, we can provide a voucher for another Sprouting Kitchen cooking class.