Gut-Building Savory Oats & Kombucha Coconut Ginger Refresher with NM Ferments!
March 16 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm MDT$27
In Collaboration with New Mexico Ferments!
Their mission is to cultivate wellness through producing high quality foods and beverages. They promote health by carefully crafting our products, building relationships, and supporting our local community.
New Mexico Ferments Kombucha is their main product, and is a dryer, non-alcoholic, smooth and effervescent fermented green tea that is botanically spiked. They use organic and locally sourced ingredients if and when possible. They also produce kimchi & sauerkraut, and work with local farmers and jam each jar with local goodness and flavor.
What will we be cooking?
- Fallon will show us to make delicious savory, umami-packed oatmeal. We’ll use a method of soaking steel cut oats in water (+ some kombucha!) to make them more digestible, cook faster, and help build a strong gut or microbiome. Then we’ll top our oats with NM Ferments kimchi or sauerkraut, a poached egg (learn my easy technique!), and any extra veggies. This is the perfect breakfast to make in a big batch and have for the whole week!
- Then we’ll make a refreshing blended drink with NM Ferments ginger, lemon, cayenne kombucha + coconut water + ginger beer. You can add an optional splash of vodka for a “kombucha moscow mule-ish”.
- PLUS The NM Ferments folks will be joining our cooking class to tell us a bit about the numerous benefits of kombucha & about their company!
Purchase your kombucha + kimchi prior to our class here!(not required to join the class, but we recommend it!) If you’re not Albuquerque-local, purchase some local ‘bucha from your home and join us!
*We recommend their ginger, lemon, cayenne kombucha for refresher drink, but feel free to try other flavors too!
How does the class work?
- Classes will be recorded, if you cannot make the time or want the video for reference.
- You only need to purchase one class per household.
- If you cancel before 24 hours, we can provide a voucher for another Sprouting Kitchen cooking class.