This salsa is so wonderfully complex. It’s sweet, a little spicy, herby, limey, and has lots of texture going on. This salsa is a great way to take advantage of all the wonderful produce available right now! Eat this salsa with chips, or anything that needs a little extra flavor and crunch!
- 5 medium-sized peaches diced, with the skin on
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 large avocado pit removed and diced
- 2 medium green bell pepper
- 1/2 or 1 whole jalapeño depending on spice tolerance/preference
- 1 medium red onion finely diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the peppers, tomatoes, avocado, green pepper, jalapeño red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Gently toss the ingredients together to combine them, then check the seasoning, adding more salt, spices, or lime juice if necessary.
- If you are making the salsa in advance, do not add salt until you are ready to serve because the salt will draw the water out and make the mix watery.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and keep in the fridge until ready to serve. The fresher the better! This is great with chips, but also a perfect addition to burritos, bowls, on top of fish, etc!